Sexual Desire In Men And Women – Is There Really a Difference?Jake Felix
- 1 The Difference Between Man And Woman Sexually
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 People Also Ask For:
A man takes 5 to 7 minutes to cum on average, while the same goes for 13.46 minutes on average for a straight woman!
A mutual condom too reads, to delay you and fasten her!
But ever wondered why and how men and women are so different when it comes to orgasm and pleasure?
If not, it’s time to start pondering over it today, as we bring you not one, but many such differences that are gonna leave you baffled.
So are you ready to take a plunge into the wide varsity between men’s and women’s sexual experiences today!
The Difference Between Man And Woman Sexually
Sexual pleasure and feelings are all about the sensations and perception of surroundings.
Since men and women are designed differently both anatomically and physiologically, their way of sexual pleasure could be different.
Though there aren’t many studies on how the genders are different from each other sexually, science does have some facts on what makes them different.
How Are Men and Women Sexually Different?
#1. The Sex Drive
According to certain reports, men have more thoughts about sex as compared to women.
Their mind wanders to sexual fantasies twice more than that of women!
According to researchers, this is practical because of the varying hormones in a female and male’s body.
Men have high amounts of testosterone, while women have more estrogen.
Thus, the hormonal difference brings a different impact on the sex drives too.
Other than this, the female sex drive could sometimes be also dependent on their surroundings and culture.
- Women who visit the church more often are less open and acceptive of having sex than men who visit the church.
- Females generally make their decisions about sex post discussions in peer groups.
- Women who have attended higher education are more versed with different sexual practices like oral sex as compared to less educated women. Education has no impact on men and their sexual practices.
- Women could be confused about premarital sex.
All these thoughts affect their sex drive and sometimes even their frequency of having sex.
#2. The frequency of intercourse
Men desire sex more often than women, whether it’s at the start or mid, or even after years of staying together.
This implies for all sexualities, whether it’s gay, straight, or bisexual men.
But if we compare this with the women, gay men tend to have a higher desire of having sex than lesbians.
Thus, if we had to answer Who Is More Sexually Active Male Or Female, we can easily say that’s men!
Men tend to have a higher number of sexual intercourses than women.
Though reports have also found men stating that they are often more into the casual sex and are more inclined to have different sexual partners, there isn’t any evidence supporting it.
#3. The turn-ons
The women’s turn-ons are complex systems as compared to men. Sometimes even women aren’t aware of what excites them.
A study was conducted by the Northwestern University on gay as well as straight men and women and was observed through the following measures after showing them erotic films:
- What they say about their sexual arousal
- Their accurate level of sexual arousal through devices
According to the results:
Straight men had higher levels of turn-on with both heterosexual and homosexual movies.
Gay men were more turned out by watching gay films.
Straight women said they were more turned out with the heterosexual erotic films, but using the device showed equal arousal in both homo and hetero movies.
This led to the fact that men are more specific about whom they want to have sex with or who they get excited to see.
However, women are fluid and are more prone to being bisexual, than men!
Reports have seen homosexual women having more sexual intercourse with men than homosexual men having it with women.
#4. Path to sexual satisfaction
Women have a complex path to reaching sexual satisfaction.
They are more subjective and need a mix of emotions with stimulation to achieve satisfaction.
In the case of men, sexual satisfaction could be achieved in a more direct way, where only stimulation too can cause an orgasm.
But that doesn’t mean men do not look for emotions and feelings in their relationship or sexual intimacy.
#5. The Orgasm
Men and women achieve and sustain an orgasm differently.
According to reports, climax and orgasm for both men and women differ in the following pattern:
- Multiple Orgasms for women – women are capable of having multiple orgasms but for men, round two needs a recovery period.
- Women fake orgasms more than men – according to a study conducted in 2010 on 180 males and 101 females, all the participants who were involved in vaginal intercourse, 28% of men accepted faking an orgasm while the percentage for women was 67%. According to men, they fake orgasms to boost their partner’s confidence, while women could have two reasons. First to boost the partner’s ego or to end bad sex.
- Women cum faster than men during oral sex – according to a study from 2009 covering 1931 participants, 90% of men had orgasms during their sexual encounter, while only 64% of women reached a climax ( without oral sex). But post oral sex measure, the percentage for women reached 81%.
- Women take longer to cum than men – though there isn’t clear evidence on how much time a woman can take to orgasm, the rough reports say it’s 13.46 on an average while for men it’s just 5 to 7 minutes.
#6. Men can boost their libido, but women might find it difficult
There are many supplements and pills available on the market that promise to boost men’s libido as well as other sexual functions.
While they might work for men by boosting their testosterone levels, such pills might not work for women.
Though testosterone is the hormone controlling sex drive in both men and women it has a higher impact on men.
Summarising the entire difference between men and women based on their sexual experiences and pleasure we can draw out the following conclusion.
Women have a slower sexual response as compared to men, and they generally show slow excitement.
In terms of orgasms, though men have an intense orgasm it lasts short. On the other hand, women have the superior power to have multiple, deep and explosive orgasms.
Other than these two key differences we also find that in women sexual satisfaction is possible even without orgasm as it’s a mix of emotions and stimulation.
But that’s not always possible with men, as they need stimulation for satisfaction always.
People Also Ask For:
Which gender is more sexually active?
According to reports men have 16% more sex than women.
This was concluded by the study conducted by the University of Chicago where men stated that they had sex 66.5 times a year, while the data for women were 57.2 times per year.
Hence men are more sexually active as compared to women.
At What Age Does A Woman Become Sexually Inactive?
Women physiologically become inactive at the age of 50 (on average).
Though post-menopause, women might get more inclined towards having sex the sex drive drops because of the declining estrogen levels.
This could also lead to vaginal dryness that limits you from having sex.
What causes women to be sexually inactive?
There could be many reasons for women to be sexually inactive like:
- Inhibition of sex
- Lack of experience in sex makes them scared
- Lack of knowledge about sex
- Psychological factors like guilt, anxiety, or a past trauma
What is the Difference Between Man And Woman In Love?
According to reports men are more focused on the fun and passion that a relationship carries.
But women on the other hand are more emotional and keep the relationship focused and serious.
How To Create Desire In A Woman?
The best way to create desire among women is by sexually impressing them mentally.
You can do so by creating a romantic evening with dim lights, soft music, massages, and soft talking.
When they are mentally prepared and light, the sexual sensations become more active.
What are the signs of female arousal?
The physical signs of female arousal are:
- Fuller breasts
- Harder nipples
- The heart rate becomes rapid and the breathing rate fastens
- Vaginal lips may swell up